Project employee (preferably social worker/social pedagogue) with Fach- und Beratungsstelle SALAM Sachsen-Anhalt and with our youth projects at our office in Magdeburg (Dari/Persian speaker or Arabic speaker)
About SALAM Sachsen-Anhalt
SALAM Sachsen-Anhalt works in the area of conflict, violence and radicalization prevention in the field of ethnically, ethno-religiously or religiously motivated hatred and violence.
The project focuses on two main areas: qualification through issue-specific training for professionals (in schools, social work, welfare etc.) and individual case-related socio-pedagogical and counseling work.
In the “neighborhood life” project we support actors in local migrant or religious communities, especially in the areas of education, child and youth work.
We also organize programs and activities for migrant children who are strained by multiple social and economic hardships.
This project is funded by the Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth within the framework of the federal program “Demokratie leben!“ and the state of Saxony-Anhalt. The Multikulturelles Zentrum Dessau e.V. is part of the local and regional structures of migrant organizations in Saxony-Anhalt.
About our job offer
- 30 hours/week (salary based on TV-L E10 level 1)
- office location in Magdeburg
- regular travelling to different locations in the state of Saxony-Anhalt required
- contract on year-long basis, yearly extension planned 2020–2024
- participation in the conceptualization, planning and implementation of trainings
- direct educational, cultural and/or socio-pedagogical work with diverse groups of kids, teenagers and young adults with and without refugee background
- socio-pedagogical case work with individuals
- degree in the field of social work/social pedagogy or relevant work experience in this field
- language skills in Dari/Persian (or Arabic, Kurdish) on native speaker level as well as at least intermediate proficiency in the German language
- Extended knowledge regarding societies and cultures of the Middle East
- Extended knowledge regarding Islam, Islamic history and practices
- communication skills, commitment, creativity and readiness to receive training
Qualified job applicants who hold a residence permit or Duldung status are explicitly urged to apply.
We also explicitly urge female candidates to apply. We adhere to the principle that they will be preferred in the case of equally well-qualified applications.
Further preferable requirements
- -Knowledge/ experience in one or several of the areas of anti-violence trainings violence, conflict or radicalization prevention, ethnically or ethno-religiously motivated ultranationalism or Islamism/violence-oriented religiously motivated ideologies
What do we offer?
- a position in a new and challenging field of work that is granted extended responsibilities .
- integration into a committed and diverse as well as multi-professional team collective
- regular professional education and trainings for all our employees
- flexible working hours
How to apply?
Please send us the application until the 29th of February, comprising a meaningful letter of motivation and your resumé (CV, no photo required) and preferably in electronic form to email@example.com.